Pages

Tuesday 5 June 2012

Duality



So here we sit, you and I
One looking forward, one standing still
I face the fear and look for light
The fear and darkness becomes you
An inner peace and one of hope
An inner maelstrom devoid of reason
A heart that counters rejection with a smile
Whilst one feeds and regurgitates with venom
One mind that searches for the future
Another stuck firmly in the past
One forever seeking to turn the tide of time
Past tortures and failures mould the others being
One soul that seeks redemption
The other, retribution
I stare into the abyss and reject it
Stare into the abyss and it becomes you

© Fergus Martin
2012

2 comments:

  1. well put, its my life exactly at this moment.nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have stared at that abyss often April and fought many battles with myself.

      Delete