Pages

Monday 19 August 2013

A Simple Love

It’s been a long time since last we met,
since I last gazed upon you,
wallowed in your resplendent glory
let your beauty wash over me,
in waves drifting over golden sands.
And I long for you always.

All the time we have been apart,
I have never wandered from your side,
never dallied with the love of another,
remained true to the depth of your love,
your heartbeat forever mine.
And my heart beats for you still.

When I close my eyes I see you,
and the memories drip like raindrops,
soft and gentle as the dewy morning,
and I draw from the strength they give,
from the power that they provide.
And the strength I have is yours.

For all the times we’ve been apart,
the wonder that is you has been my voice,
the rhythm of life that has endured me,
the soul that sings within my heart,
the song that sits upon my lips.
And my song will always be yours.

And I dream of you now in this place,
the dreams that you had become mine,
forever entwined my love grows anew,
fears that I have, smoothed by your charm,
as I gaze to the distance I see you again.
And I know you will always be there.

© Fergus Martin

Aug 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment