Pages

Friday 26 April 2013

Label Me, I Dare You


People have tried to pin me down
People have tried to label me
People think they know who I am
They know nothing

People have tried to get inside my head
People have tried to get to know me
People think they understand who I am
They know nothing

People have tried to enter my world
People have tried to be what I am
People think they can live for me
They know me not

People have tried to read my mind
People have tried to see what I see
People think they are in tune with me
They know me not

People have tried to identify with me
People have tried to feel what I feel
People think they sense everything I am
They are not me

No matter how they try
They will never be me
I am what I am
And always will be
No matter how much they profess
To be as one with you
Always remember
There is only one ME.

© Fergus Martin
Apr 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment