Pages

Sunday 28 October 2012

Me


A boy walks along his chosen road
Young lad forever chasing footballs
Loud music blaring from the speakers
That was me

Leaving home brings home his laundry
Lived a life that should have killed him
Rode metal horses in bright colours
That was me

Saved by pledging life unto the green
Walked proud roads that could have killed him
Rode metal stallions into many battles
That was me

Before the mirror stands an old man
Who’s walked his road and lived his life
Stare as refection stares proudly back
It is me

© Fergus Martin
2012


2 comments:

  1. That is a fabulous story and tells it all. I had walked your life journey and proud of what you had fought and lived through it all and also am as as proud as you are for you pride and accomplishment through every word. Thank you for sharing. It is a very beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete