Pages

Monday 16 December 2013

I Need Life

I need to ramble
I need to walk in the woods
I need to smell the flowers of the forest
I need to see the branches sway in the breeze
I need to see the rivers flowing
I need to feel the wind in my hair
I need to watch the birds in flight
I need to smell the crops in the fields
I need to feel the cold of winter
I need to feel the summer's sun
I need to feel the damp autumn rain
I need to see the spring approaching
I need to walk the streets around me
I need to listen to the world
I need to hear the chatter in the crowds
I need to see the children in the playground
I need to taste exhaust fumes in the air
I need to hear my favourite music
I need to watch guitars being played
I need to listen to the voices of angels
I need to watch as my children grow
I need to visit great Aunt Jean
I need to feel the touch of my lover's hand
I need to hold her in my arms
I need to see the smile on her face
I need to find a way out of this prison
I need to wake up
I want to live

© Fergus Martin

2013

No comments:

Post a Comment